Already more and more industrial distributors/SMEs started to leverage digital channels like Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. Internet adoption rate seems to be increasing drastically every year. Studies are saying like 80% of industrial decision-makers are actively looking on the web for the best possible solutions. Scaling up your businesses to the next level is not possible with traditional marketing exercises in this era.
After this Covid-19, it is very clear that Businesses can be built with the right platform, marketing efforts, and reliable customer service.
According to Digital Ecommerce 360,
“80% of companies still depend primarily on their internal sales force to drive revenue, and that nearly three-fourths of manufacturers—70%—don’t have a comprehensive digital commerce strategy in place.”
What your customers are expecting nowadays?
- They need a website (a database) where they can get all sorts of information about the product in real-time.
- As they are tired of negotiations, a fixed price strategy works out here sometimes.
- They are looking for customers with zero lead time (Quick order placement, easy payment, quick and safe delivery)
- They need web intelligence to track the order, to check product availability, etc.
Impacts of Ecommerce in the Manufacturing Industry
- Currently, 44% of B2B businesses believe e-commerce is key to digital transformation because it drives customer experience and streamlined integration across their tech stack (including ERP systems).
- Over 3/4 of B2B organizations feel e-commerce helps them meet business goals, including supporting innovation and playing a role in the organization’s broader digitization plans.
- 75% of B2B product purchases are made online.
- 1 in 3 buyers would choose a vendor solely based on the ability to place, pay for, track and return orders online.
According to Forrester Research, Global e-commerce sales will reach over $6.6 trillion by 2020 and will exceed B2C sales, valued at $3.2 trillion by 2020 exceeding B2C Sales.
Now that you know how your people are evolving and what are they demanding. The Sophistication of web channels making buyer’s expectations beyond limits. This era of technology is not just meant for B2C, but also for B2B businesses.